Brushing Pebblesheen

Apr 3, 2011
Collegeville, PA
Our pool is being plastered now and will be started up on Saturday. We used pebblesheen- do we still have to brush it everyday like reg plaster or will it ruin the pebbly sheen?

I tried posting pictures of our pool plaster but I keep getting error messages...any advice on how to post a pic?

thanks!

Yep, the reason you need to brush is that pebble sheen is exactly what it says...made of pebbles, or rather small rocks. It cures in about 2 weeks as opposed to 28 days for normal plaster, but if you don't brush it enough...you'll end up with the occasional sharp point at the bottom of your pool...and given the size of some of those pebbles, they can go in to the skin relatively deep...We had 2 'bleeding' incidents in the first few months of swimming in our pool. I was worried enough to wonder if I should have kids in it...especially if kids are used to swimming in a vinyl pool. Still, if you brush enough and regularly - which also moves the ph increasing dust into the water to let it get filtered out...than you should be fine. At least twice/day during the first two weeks and once/day for next few weeks...don't forget corners and bottom of steps. You can get a special brush for the corners. The whale brushes are also generally very helpful in decreasing the amount of work required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.