Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brushing Pebblesheen

1. Back To Top    #1

Brushing Pebblesheen

Our pool is being plastered now and will be started up on Saturday. We used pebblesheen- do we still have to brush it everyday like reg plaster or will it ruin the pebbly sheen?

I tried posting pictures of our pool plaster but I keep getting error messages...any advice on how to post a pic?

thanks!
    32,000 gallon, inground gunite, Blue Granite pebblesheen with luminous and shimmering sea shells

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brushing Pebblesheen

While consistent and frequent brushing is not as important for pebble sheen as it is for regular plaster, the surface still needs regular brushing for the first few weeks.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

wow...that was fast! Thanks for the info As always..this forum is so helpful. Now..how do I post pictures?
    32,000 gallon, inground gunite, Blue Granite pebblesheen with luminous and shimmering sea shells

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina
    wow...that was fast! Thanks for the info As always..this forum is so helpful. Now..how do I post pictures?
    Did you try resizing the pics? They may be to big. Or you may have to get a photobucket account and post from there.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, the reason you need to brush is that pebble sheen is exactly what it says...made of pebbles, or rather small rocks. It cures in about 2 weeks as opposed to 28 days for normal plaster, but if you don't brush it enough...you'll end up with the occasional sharp point at the bottom of your pool...and given the size of some of those pebbles, they can go in to the skin relatively deep...We had 2 'bleeding' incidents in the first few months of swimming in our pool. I was worried enough to wonder if I should have kids in it...especially if kids are used to swimming in a vinyl pool. Still, if you brush enough and regularly - which also moves the ph increasing dust into the water to let it get filtered out...than you should be fine. At least twice/day during the first two weeks and once/day for next few weeks...don't forget corners and bottom of steps. You can get a special brush for the corners. The whale brushes are also generally very helpful in decreasing the amount of work required.
    24K gallon inground gunite/pebble sheen pool, 34'x16' 4-7.5ft deep, 750sq ft solar, pentair ultratemp, intelliflow vs+, ic60, intellichem w/ acid pump, quad de 100, intellibright 5g, intellitouch i5-3s with Screenlogic2, 3" primary piping - 2.5" at equip pad, auto switched deep heating and main returns, automatic safety cover w/ electronic lock and embedded recessed undertrack, sealed stamped concrete deck, dolphin deluxe 5, started up December 2011.