Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Online "pool kit" installs worthwhile?

1. Back To Top    #1

Online "pool kit" installs worthwhile?

Hello, noobie here. I searched but did not find this question asked before.

Has anyone tried one of these online sites that will sell you the FG pool, and do an "assisted install"?

The prices look very good, but I know you get what you pay for. I am very handy, and had planned to do the pavers around the pool myself, as well as run some plumbing for some water features outside of the pool area (and connect to the pool system).

It appears that you have find your own excavator to dig, hire your own concrete contractor to pour the coping, and your own electrician to run the power.

They are at your house for two days for the install, and will level the pool for you, and start the backfill process.

Does anyone here have any experience with this?
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Online "pool kit" installs worthwhile?

*bump*

no one has done this?
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump... I am in the process of doing the same thing. Buying a kit online, get it excavated, then i am going to put the walls up, and pour the cement backfill , then have a PC come in and finished it up... On a 18x38 grecian lazy L I will be saving around $8 going this route. I am inquiring about what online pool kit websites are trusted and who people have used.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't think that's something many people have done so it may take a while for someone that's done it to come along.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Other people here have done this. Search for DIY Pool kits.

I am doing my own this summer, I have the kit is on order and will be here in July.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG