Removing Hayward H400 Heater

May 17, 2012
My heater is over ten years old and has so many issues (including leaking heavily), so I plan to replace it. I just don't want to spend the ~$2K cost right now, so I am going to remove it. Does anyone have any suggestions on the type of PVC or other connection I can attach to the flange nipples so I can basically bypass the heater? I don't want to cut the nipple connections out because I want to reuse the to just plug the new heater in when I get one. Thanks for the advice

Attachments

• Heater Bypass.bmp
    172.1 KB · Views: 48
Unless you plan on buying the same exact heater, good luck, I would just cut it at the two elbows and then use two couplers and put it back together. I have never seen anyone sell anything that would allow you to just loop the pipes together at the unions, at least not for heaters.

I agree, unless you buy the exact same heater, there is little chance that the pipes will line up. I would guess that the fittings would not be very expensive (maybe even coming with the new heater) anyway in the grand scheme of things ... what is an extra $20 on a $2000 heater :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.