Hayward Heat Pump GFCI Issues, please help!

May 17, 2012
So, I have no idea why my original post vanished! (Note:It was waiting for moderator approval. New posters require approval of their first post.)Here is the deal. Have a Hayward Heat-pump for the pool heating, and decided to open the pool alittle early this year (Pittsburgh). Well, the GFCI breaker keeps being thrown. Not sure what the deal could be. Should I contact the electrician or a Hayward service technician? I could use some assistance if this could be something I could handle as well! Please help a newbie! BTW, this is a new house and pool for me, but the heater was fine last year! I winterized as instructed! Re-plumbed with schedule 40 as well this year. Thoughts?

Welcome to TFP!

Even a little moisture in the electrical parts of the heater or wiring can cause a GFCI to trip. The breakers themselves are also prone to false tripping due to failure.

Okay, so it's actually not the GFCI that is tripping, it's the breaker! What could cause this? You think its an issue with the breaker itself? What should I do, call the electrician or the Hayward Service guy? Thoughts? I opened up the service panel, and everything looks dry, but there are alot of webs and debris. I am going to shop-vac that all out, but I am at a loss.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.