Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owners

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owners

As the title says wife and I are now the proud owners of a new Intex 26' Ultra Frame. I also purchased the Intex SWG system as well. As of right now the pool is filled after 20 plus hours of removing and grading and leveling dirt. Then many hours of filling it only to realize the wrinkles in the bottom won't come out on their own, then many hours of letting it drain, followed by 2 hours of removing the wrinkles. Now 24 hours after getting the last wrinkle out the pool has been refilled. 400lbs of salt added to pool. Waiting 24 hours per instructions before turning on SWG unit.

My plan as it stands now is to give the SWG some help by adding some bleach to jump up the FC level. Also I plan to add a sock filled with Cyanuric Acid tomorrow to start increasing the CYA levels from 0. I have ordered the TF-100 test kit, hopefully that arrives Friday. I'll post my numbers as soon as I have them.

Couple of questions.

1. Should I use the bleach to push my FC to shock level, if so what would be a good level, 20?

2. I can already see that the included pump and filter are woefully inadequate and I am already contemplating a pump and filter upgrade. My question is the unit I am looking at has a 4,500 gph flow rate, however the Intex SWG says it needs a flow rate up to 4,000 gph. Will having a pump rated at 4,500gph cause a problem with the Intex SWG?

3. I also plan to add an in wall skimmer though cutting the liner scares me a bit. I found the thread where someone did it and it worked out for them. I'm gonna follow his process step by step.

I think that is all I have for now.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Still lots to do, remove and grade and clean up the excess dirt, lay some sod, build a deck, etc. Speaking of decks, should I build the deck below the top of the pool, level with it or slightly above it?

P.S. I already disconnected the copper generator from the SWG unit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owners

Hi congrats on the new pool! Since intex pools have some wobble to them, I would build the deck a couple of inches below the top rail. This will add a little more stability to the frame and minimize the chance of getting fingers pinched in between the top rail and the deck.

A 3/4 hp 2 speed pump should work just fine with your SWG. You could add a sand or cartridge filter for easy maintenance.

Looking forward to seeing the pics!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owner (Updated with pics)

Well as promised here are some pics.

After I filled the pool I added enough bleach to get the FC to 5ppm. Then after 24 hours I turned the SWG on. So far so good.

Thank goodness I have one of these in my garage. Came in handy for digging down the high side of the dirt.

Finally got my TFT test kit in. Here are my test numbers from tonight

FC 2.00
    CC 0
    PH 7.2 ( Was 7.8 yesterday and since the pool was filled last week, see my TA reading for what I am doing to correct PH and TA)
    TA 330 (Was 400 yesterday. Per Pool Calc I added enough muratic acid to bring the PH from 7.8 yesterday to 7.2 today. Waiting for the PH to rise back up then rinse and repeat to get that high TA down)
    CH 240
    CYA < 10 (I only added the CYA using the sock method last Friday. Waiting a week to retest then will add more. I added based on the Intex SWG manual which might be on the low end of what I see people recommend on this site.)
    Salt 3800ppm (This is a little high because I initially calculated the pool volume wrong and put in an extra 40lbs of salt. At first I was gonna drain some water and replace. However I have decided for now to leave it and see how good a job kids and rain do at removing some salt.)

Started on a deck this weekend. I'll have some pics of that in the next few days. Still have a few more days work on the deck, not to mention I have to get an inspection before I can lay the deck boards. Ugh, stupid government overreach.

Still looking to upgrade the Intex pump and filter. Probably sometime next month.

4. Back To Top    #4

Would love to see more pics, maybe a wider angle. Im trying to decide
    between the 22 and the 26. Was this something that you debated?
    The 26 brings with it the added cost of a better pump, of course I wonder
    if the extra 4ft are really worth it. Who am I kidding Ill take 2!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Aw friggin awesome!

We're working on getting our ground level and hope to have our 26' Intex up this weekend or next one at the latest!

I am so glad you posted pictures! I too would like to see some from further away, so as to get a better perspective.

You've done an awesome job, be proud, be very proud!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

6. Back To Top    #6

That is a whole bunch of pool, lol.

We are leveling our backyard for the 22 footer and I must say even that is gonna be alot of pool, much bigger area than the 16' quick set we had before.

Your's is looking Awesome, can't wait to see the deck and landscaping finished, good luck.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

7. Back To Top    #7

I'll get some wider shots tomorrow.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks. I am soooo tickled for you!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bthorn9435
    Would love to see more pics, maybe a wider angle. Im trying to decide
    between the 22 and the 26. Was this something that you debated?
    The 26 brings with it the added cost of a better pump, of course I wonder
    if the extra 4ft are really worth it. Who am I kidding Ill take 2!!
    I wanted the biggest one they had at WalMart, the 26 was it. If they had a 30 I would have gotten it, thats how I made my decision.

10. Back To Top    #10

Swoop,

I take it you did not have any leaks when you filled your pool?

Seems many here have had that issue.

Will be great to hear of one that did not.

Thanks
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).

11. Back To Top    #11

Knock on wood, no leaks so far. Knocking on wood twice just to be safe.

12. Back To Top    #12

Giggles, I am knocking on wood for you also, and Great to hear...Smiles
    Samantha

13. Back To Top    #13

looks GREAT! ENJOY
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

14. Back To Top    #14

I am assembling all the components necessary for setting up my 26' intex (YaY!) and I am trying to figure out how many pavers I'll need for under the legs. Would you please advise how many legs this pool has? I've tried counting in the pictures from the websites selling this pool but, they tend to use just stock pictures and there's no way of telling for sure which size they are showing.
    Angie M.

15. Back To Top    #15

There will be 26 legs. There is always an equal number of legs to the diameter of the pool.

16. Back To Top    #16

Thank you so much! I had no idea about the relation between the pool diameter and the number of feet. Too cool!

Angie M.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Taterfink
    I am assembling all the components necessary for setting up my 26' intex (YaY!) and I am trying to figure out how many pavers I'll need for under the legs. Would you please advise how many legs this pool has? I've tried counting in the pictures from the websites selling this pool but, they tend to use just stock pictures and there's no way of telling for sure which size they are showing.

Yep 26 legs.

18. Back To Top    #18

As promised here are some wider shots people asked for. Please ignore the messy work site.

For reference purposes the deck is 16' x 16'

19. Back To Top    #19

Thank you for the pictures! I'm living vicariously thru those that have their pools set up while working on my own. The pictures help.

Your pool is wonderful and I envy you your deck. As for the "messy work site"? What mess? Just looks to me like you're working and using the tools.
    Angie M.

20. Back To Top    #20

looking good, keep us updated with pics of the deck build
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast