Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thought I had it made.....cloudy water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Thought I had it made.....cloudy water.

Just my rant. Had the best pool opening, got complacent, and didn't pay close attention to the chlorine levels. Water went from clear to cloudy in 2 days. So basically starting from scratch. Actually, less than scratch, the pool is cloudier than when the cover came off. Oh well, live and learn. Note to self: PAY ATTENTION when opening pool. Amazing how pool water can stay basically clear all winter long with no chlorine, and then go cloudy with chlorine in it, albeit not much chlorine. Also, I hate dichlor, and trichlor........LOWERS pH, and raises CYA way too much. Liquid chlorine is the ONLY way to go.
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thought I had it made.....cloudy water.

Hey, at least you caught it early, should be easy to clear, just jump on it, and hit it hard
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Thought I had it made.....cloudy water.

Yeah thanks. Got the pH back in line and shocked with good 'ol Walmart bleach......pump running 24/7. Already notice a difference.
    20,000 gal., Jacuzzi 250L Laser Sand Filter, inground w/vinyl liner, 1hp pump motor, TF-100 Test Kit.