Broken tube in cartridge filter

Jun 2, 2009
Hello,

I have a cartridge style filter. I was putting it back together as I got the pool ready for the year and I noticed a broken tube. It is the plastic piece that looks like a large straw and it goes from the bottom of the filter to the top with a mess cover on the top. My question is do I need this piece? Or can I fire up the filtration system?

Thanks for the help.

Jourdan

jourdanbennett said:
Hello,

I have a cartridge style filter. I was putting it back together as I got the pool ready for the year and I noticed a broken tube. It is the plastic piece that looks like a large straw and it goes from the bottom of the filter to the top with a mess cover on the top. My question is do I need this piece? Or can I fire up the filtration system?

Thanks for the help.

Jourdan

Are you sure the tube is broken -- or did it pop out of the manifold? I just received a new Hayward Swimclear cart filter and the mesh cover was sitting in the bottom of the box. :? So I opened up the filter housing and saw the tube (much smaller than yours since my filter has its manifold on top) sitting @bottom. I checked the owner's manual and just pushed the tube and mesh cover back together and into its place on the manifold. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.