Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey all :) so nice to be here!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey all :) so nice to be here!

I'm Dan from Western NY State... I pretty much subscribe to the BBB method but prefer a bit of Science mixed in. I use a Taylor K2006 kit and log my results on paper. I keep Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda on hand as well as Muriatic Acid. I actually rather enjoy counting drops and doing calculations. Great board u have here!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hey all :) so nice to be here!

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Nashville, TN

Afraid we can't call you a real geek until you're at least logging results in a spreadsheet.
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!