Small leak from a light?

cheezedawg

Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
We put 5 Savi Melody lights in our new pool (first time pool owner). At the equipment pad, one of the 5 conduits for the lights has filled with water and is (very) slowly spilling over, so there is a small wet spot on the concrete around it.

Talking with the installer, his take was that it is "impossible" to seal around the lights, and the lights are self contained so they don't need any more sealing. In his mind, the only issue is that the conduit was cut off to low so its below the water level (otherwise it wouldn't spill out). This doesn't seem right to me. None of the other 4 light conduits have any water in them at all.

Is this something I should be concerned with? If so, what is the resolution I should be looking for from the installer? Can he pull out the offending light and seal it even with water in the pool?

Well, I sort of agree with the installer. It is not uncommon for the light conduit to be full of water (they are kind of designed that way) and that is why there are the deck boxes for making the electrical connections with the lights. None of the conduit pipes should have been cut below the water level for this very reason.

I am not familiar with these lights, but it may be possible to epoxy the conduit on the pool side to prevent water from entering the conduit (assuming they have a niche that the light fixture is mounted too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.