Temp boost

Shablam

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2010
Flower Mound, TX
We get shade on this pool till about noon so they water is always pretty chilled. Is there a way to boost the temp a little? I've looked at the solar options but was wondering if I. Used my heater to give it a boost would it hold?

See the odd thing is my handy Carl says 62 but the floating thmometer says 80. Is. On off? Do these things get off? Just looking to get close to 70 for may.

Thanks

Using your heater will boost the temp, but all the heat will be lost at night and due to evaporation. Using a solar cover could help heat your pool and maintain the heat you add with a heater ... that would be the cheapest option.

Solar is nice as you are always adding heat when the pump is on for "free" (not counting the initial cost :)). You heater you are paying $$ every time it is on ... which is not nice when the heat disappears by the next day.

Sounds like one of your thermometers is DOA

So I brought the floater in and put it in a bucket of ice water and it dropped to 40. Put it back I the pool and 30 min later was back to 78. I think the Jandy is bad. No way the floater could be off by almost 20 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.