LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'd like to start off by thanking this site for ruining my fun of all pools. Now when I first saw this a few years ago I would go "WoW is that water clear". Now my mind quickly went to "Wonder how they filter it?" Thanks!! :D

San Alfonso del Mar resort at Algarrobo has a pool that is over 1000 yards long, 115 foot deep end, and holds over 66million gallons of water!

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-10.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-1.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-7.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-20.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-6.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-8.jpg

largest-swimming-pool-in-world-chile-9.jpg

Just for fun as I was holding my daughter who was sleeping....I went over to the pool calculator and did some math.
----To raise an FC level of 3 to a level of 7 it would take 4277 Gallons of 6% bleach
----To raise the same FC level using 73% cal-hypo it would take 3043 Pounds
----To lower the PH from 7.9 to 7.5 it would take 612 gallons of 31% muriatic acid

Now who's up for a cruise to Chile??

Wow ... the logic of why someone would want to build something like that escapes me ... besides having the record.

What is the point of a 115 foot deep pool I wonder? I guess you can scuba dive that deep, but there would be nothing to see ... I am puzzled and amazed.

I'm guessing Cannonballs are kinda unimpressive in a pool that size? Just hit Google some more....price to build.....around $1.6 billion.

Leebo said:
Well Eelhc....some of the friends my family brings over makes me think of using that much at times.

I don't have a sufficient sample yet, but I'm starting to see some patterns emerge in my record keeping...

Right now, it appears that :

1 adult-hour in my pool = 1ppm FC = 27oz 6% bleach.
1 kid-hour in my pool = ???ppm FC = 128 oz 6% bleach every hour for 3 days.

:lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Next road trip......Worlds largest indoor pool
Nemo 33 in Belgian is 108 foot deep at it deepest point...and holds over 500,000 gallons of water. Comes complete with caves to explorer. Most interesting part to me...."non-chlorinated, highly filtered spring water". I'd love to see the filters and pump to clean this pool.

001.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.