Hey everyone it's time I started to replace my plumbing and equipment as well as my pad. My booster pump for polaris shot **** and my main pump is, as I can tell, as old as pool. I'm going to be replacing all the plumbing and valves from ground to all my equipment and my pump.
Here are my equipment pad specs:
The discharge plumbing is 1.5", the intake plumbing is 2" both have valves so I can change which jets operate and skimmer/main drain etc currently leaking will be replaced. However the 2" reduces to 1.5" after valves all the way to pump.
Separate 1.5" discharge pipe for dedicated polaris jet, no valve, ran from booster, and intake was tied into main intake.
Current 1.5hp sta-rite pump with magnatek motor
DE filter & multiport
1) Should I replace all of my intake to 2"?
2) What main pump do you recommend - don't care about noise but 2 speed would be nice was thinking of a superflo
3) I only used my polaris about 5 times a season so I wouldn't particular care if I didn't have an auto cleaner, however since I already have the line and electric for it, do you recommend I just buy a new pump or if I need a cleaner get one of the robotic ones?
4) The current concrete pad is a bit unleveled so I will be pouring a new one. Does it matter if it is higher or slightly lower in elevation than the pool deck/water level and does it matter how far the pumps or filter are from the lines if it's a difference of say 3 feet from current locations?
5) Any recommendation on valves?
6) Should I add any check valves? currently have none
Let's say money is no issue.
Current setup would function fine just a lot of leaks, pool seemed to filter fine on current setup buy return jets lacked pressure, no obvious leaks on discharge side other than valve.
Thanks a ton