Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New fiberglass pool, quanity chem to balance?

1. Back To Top    #1

New fiberglass pool, quanity chem to balance?

19,800 gallon. Will have pump running tomorrow. Pool has ET w/ IC40. I have 500 lbs salt on-hand. How much bleach and CYA should I have on-hand to start process of balancing pool?
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: New fiberglass pool, quanity chem to balance?

I would purchase enough CYA to get to 40-50ppm. Enough bleach to get to 4-6ppm just to start. Additionally, I would add one large jug of bleach into the pool tonight after the sun is off the pool just to kill off anything that might start to grow before you get into balance
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New fiberglass pool, quanity chem to balance?

Dave and I are on the same page, I just took the swcg into account. The first thing to do is test the pool water and post the results.

Use the pool calculator to figure out how much CYA and bleach you need to get to 70 ppm CYA and 3 ppm FC. Add that and the salt the first day. Add enough bleach the second day to get to 3 ppm FC in the evening. You can turn on the swcg the third day if everything else is within reason.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit