Solar Panel - HELP

Jun 12, 2011
Ok,

So I bought this home last year with a pool. It is 16x32 with a salt water generator. I had to replace the pump motor last year and fixed some PVC pipes this year. Also on my agenda is to repair the solar panels on the roof. There appeaed to be a broken or misaligned pipe. Reference photos.

After I scaled the roof with the help of my neighbor, I realized that the panel pipe was cracked/broken, but to fix it or replace it the entire strip had to come off. So I took a hack saw to it because the pvc joint was cemented on - I plan on replacing the pipe and joint.

I would ideally like to replace this panel. It is made up of 3 rows, 12 inches wide by 9.5 feet long, which is an odd length. I cannot find a model number any where on the product. The only words I can find on the product are 'CANADA C-1010' which is located on both black union pipes at the end of each panel set.

The way I see it is I have three options:

1. Replace the panel
2. Repair the broken black pipe
3. Don't replace or repair the pipe and simply extend the pvc on the roof to start and end without the broken panel.

Please let me know your thoughts on finding a replacement or methods to fixing the broken black pipe. This panel is an end piece so I can replace the cracked pvc cap/plug, but the pipe also needs to be fixed. As far as I can tell, the pannel cannot be removed from the black plastic pipe, which would make this issue ten times easier, but i digress.

Any info or advice would be appreciated. I could not add photos to the post for some reason, so here is a link to the photobucket album:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/wi ... %20Damage/

PASSWORD for album: swimming

CHEERS!

I have semi-isolated the part i need. I was able to take off that black pipe from the panel. There are 18, for a lack of a better word, 'nipples' that come off the pipe that feed into the panel. I called the company you mentioned. He stated it was not their panel but their pipe may fit it. He is passing me off to someone else. He called the pipe a 'header'. And it measures a total of 2 inches in diameter. I have not had any luck finding a replacement part yet.

I found a repair kit for a system, but it doesn't say how big their headers are: http://store.poolcenter.com/enersol---s ... hread=True

Bueler?

Ok I think I found the company website and manufacturer! They are from Canada! woot! They also sell a repair kit, now I just have to find a pool place with it in stock for online ordering, all of them so far are sold out when I call to obtain availability. I have an inquiry out to them to see if they can recommend a distributor of their parts. I can replace just the header!

http://www.enersol.com/index.php/our-sy ... topmenu-72 PARTS

Attachments

• 2012-05-17 18.54.05.jpg
    2012-05-17 18.54.05.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 85
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.