Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Panel - HELP

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Panel - HELP

Ok,

So I bought this home last year with a pool. It is 16x32 with a salt water generator. I had to replace the pump motor last year and fixed some PVC pipes this year. Also on my agenda is to repair the solar panels on the roof. There appeaed to be a broken or misaligned pipe. Reference photos.

After I scaled the roof with the help of my neighbor, I realized that the panel pipe was cracked/broken, but to fix it or replace it the entire strip had to come off. So I took a hack saw to it because the pvc joint was cemented on - I plan on replacing the pipe and joint.

I would ideally like to replace this panel. It is made up of 3 rows, 12 inches wide by 9.5 feet long, which is an odd length. I cannot find a model number any where on the product. The only words I can find on the product are 'CANADA C-1010' which is located on both black union pipes at the end of each panel set.

The way I see it is I have three options:

1. Replace the panel
    2. Repair the broken black pipe
    3. Don't replace or repair the pipe and simply extend the pvc on the roof to start and end without the broken panel.

Please let me know your thoughts on finding a replacement or methods to fixing the broken black pipe. This panel is an end piece so I can replace the cracked pvc cap/plug, but the pipe also needs to be fixed. As far as I can tell, the pannel cannot be removed from the black plastic pipe, which would make this issue ten times easier, but i digress.

Any info or advice would be appreciated. I could not add photos to the post for some reason, so here is a link to the photobucket album:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/wi ... %20Damage/

PASSWORD for album: swimming

CHEERS!
    20 x 40 inground pool, 30K gal, vinyl liner, 1.5 HP Hayward Superpump, Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount S244T sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate, Polaris 380 Pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar Panel - HELP

I suggest replacing the panel. Plumbing around the panel will result in lower heat production and you probably need all you can get.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

What type of panel can I replace this one with?
    20 x 40 inground pool, 30K gal, vinyl liner, 1.5 HP Hayward Superpump, Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount S244T sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate, Polaris 380 Pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

photo link does not work, says it is a private album and needs password
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    photo link does not work, says it is a private album and needs password

PASSWORD for album: swimming

6. Back To Top    #6

Check www.h2otsun.com I think these are their panels, I know they are originally from Canada.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

I have semi-isolated the part i need. I was able to take off that black pipe from the panel. There are 18, for a lack of a better word, 'nipples' that come off the pipe that feed into the panel. I called the company you mentioned. He stated it was not their panel but their pipe may fit it. He is passing me off to someone else. He called the pipe a 'header'. And it measures a total of 2 inches in diameter. I have not had any luck finding a replacement part yet.

I found a repair kit for a system, but it doesn't say how big their headers are: http://store.poolcenter.com/enersol---s ... hread=True

Bueler?

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok I think I found the company website and manufacturer! They are from Canada! woot! They also sell a repair kit, now I just have to find a pool place with it in stock for online ordering, all of them so far are sold out when I call to obtain availability. I have an inquiry out to them to see if they can recommend a distributor of their parts. I can replace just the header!

http://www.enersol.com/index.php/our-sy ... topmenu-72 PARTS
    Attached Images Attached Images