ground water desperation

May 1, 2012
Hi All,
I'm in the middle of a dyi 18x36 project. The bottom of my pool is a mess. Black clay soil that seems to fill up with 6 inches of water a night. I burnt out a sump pump trying to get it not so wet but Ive never been able to get it to less than a puddle. The mud water mix is like a milk shake. Ugh I dont know what to do. Any suggestions? I hear that I should use a well point? Is that like a point well that you drive in? Any other ideas?

Having that moment of what did I get myself into.. :?

I believe it's a small pit dug out, lined with something (cement, bricks, etc) and then a sump pump is placed in it, it will need a power source as well, and a drain pipe (to sewer, ditch, etc)
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post something.

Keep the faith, you'll get there :goodjob:

A well point is a hole lined with landscaping cloth wrapped around perforated pipe that you can lower a sump pump into to keep the ground water levels low. Often two or more of them are required, though that depends quite a bit on soil conditions.

You can either wait for the water table to go down (which it will in most places), which may well take weeks and might not work at all, or you can drill one to three well points each with a sump pump. Once the pool is full you won't need to sump pumps any more, as the weight of the water will hold everything in place.

I'm doing DIY inground right now also. I had to put two 10 inch pipes in and 3/4 stone under deep end with two 2 inch dewatering pumps this is giving me a dry bottom and clear water at 80 to 100 gal per min. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.