Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Latest Test Results ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Latest Test Results ?

I haven't added any chlorine since I shocked it with super shock about 2 weeks ago before finding TFP and starting the process of going to the BBB method, I started reading pool school, found out my CYA was high (140-160) drained a BUNCH of water a few times and replaced with pretty good well water and finally got my CYA down to 40-50ppm (need to adjust PH and TA a bit now) but I find my FC levels are NOT dropping as fast as I would have thought...still within range and I can only think due to very moderate weather so far,(cloudy,rainy lately),no bather load yet.. Is it possible my CYA levels were so high for so long and my FC levels were so high for quite a while that it just has nothing in the water substantial enough to kill/sanitize to drop the levels down? Or am I missing something here ??

3-days ago it was FC-10 then yesterday 8.5-9 and again tonight 8.5-9 ?? Its not that its a bad thing, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something here and its just the conditions I'm mentioned above hopefully ?? Pool is crystal Clear....

PH-7.8
    FC-8.5-9
    CC-0
    TA-150
    CH-220
    CYA- 40-50
    Temp-73-74
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Latest Test Results ?

Sounds like your water is clean and there is nothing consuming the FC

FC is a little high, although well below shock level and certainly safe to swim in.

As you said, I would just lower the pH and TA a bit and you are good to go. If the pH seems to keep drifting up, follow Lowering Total Alkalinity to help hold the pH down.

Nice work!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Latest Test Results ?

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Sounds like your water is clean and there is nothing consuming the FC

FC is a little high, although well below shock level and certainly safe to swim in.

As you said, I would just lower the pH and TA a bit and you are good to go. If the pH seems to keep drifting up, follow Lowering Total Alkalinity to help hold the pH down.

Nice work!!!

Awesome, GREAT to hear Thanks Jason, I will be lowering the PH soon and then raise it back up with aeration and hopefully drop down the TA as well
    24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....