Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ON MY WAY TO BBB!!

1. Back To Top    #1

ON MY WAY TO BBB!!

Yippie, I have to say I am very excited. Just ordered my Taylor K-2006. Took a trip to walmart and bought 8 2-gallon bottles of Bleach, arm and hammer, and Borax. Now Tick-Tock for the USPS. And hopefully Crystal clear water in my goal 2 weeks!

Weather has been very warm. And I am dying to get my tan on!!!! And of course the summer pool parties!
    Once again thanks to all the warm welcomes I have received. Be on the look out for me with all my questions once I start testing that pool of mine.

Mary
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover and solar heater panel.
    Vinyl Liner
    Hayward Cartridge Filter (CCX 1500RE)
    2 HP Hayward Powerflo LX Pump
    Pool and solar heater get full sun, when its shinning daily!!
    Using test kit: Taylor K-2006
    Successful BBB user.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ON MY WAY TO BBB!!

Can't wait to watch your progress!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!!! A couple of pointers:
    1) Be sure to read, and re-read, all directions regarding each test.
    2) Be sure to post your test results in this forum and try to keep your questions in that "thread" or "post". That way you'll have a "condensed" place to find your answers to your questions and the "regulars" here can see the whole story regarding your pool.
    3) After awhile with BBB, you'll learn to trust your instincts and know when something isn't totally right (ex - a test that seems way off)
    4) Add chemicals slowly and spread out the time frame for multiple chemical additions (there really won't be many once you "tweak" you pool to BBB)
    5) Check and re-check the numbers you input into www.poolcalculator.com and the amount of a chemical it's say's you need
    6) Be sure to set up www.poolcalculator.com for using the "Trouble Free Pool" method and "Bleach" as your source for chlorine.
    7) Enjoy your pool and watch out for "sparklypoolitis" - a couple of signs of the "disease" is the need to wear sunglasses constantly around the pool and bragging to all your friends / neighbors how crystal clear your pool looks as they struggle with their method of madness (some friends / neighbors are just plain ignorant - another lesson)

And have one for the Pirate
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

On my third year of BBB and it's just way too easy. You too will see. It makes owning a pool a breeze.

It's slowly warming up on the East Coast so I be gettin' my tan on too.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's a link to my post that has printable Test Results sheet ... this way you can "track your trends".
    printable-pool-testing-results-sheet-t34684.html
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!