Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 18X52 Intex AG Sand question

1. Back To Top    #1

18X52 Intex AG Sand question

So here is my question I have the sod removed and ground level and am wanting to add about 3" of sand or so. I have figured I will need about 4 ton of sand. I have a 19' area cleared and leveled. I can get a friend to go to the local gravel pit and get sand for abot $50 or i can have a local company deliver it to me and the have a spreader it spreads it out for me but its $120 more. Is it worth the $120 to have them do the work? I will still have to make sure its level. Or is it pretty easy to spread the sand and level it out? Thanks for any input
    AG 18'X52" round Ultra frame Intex 8961 gallons with sand filter and SWG 1600 gph also have TF-100 Test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 18X52 Intex AG Sand question

If I was going to do sand, I would like to do it like crookm11 did... Install metal garden border, level the edges and the add sand until full. Clean looking results.

backyard-build-in-central-texas-pool-is-up-t28455.html?hilit=garden%20border%20sand
    22'x52" AG Ultra Frame Intex - 12,500 gal (47K liter)
    Manual Liquid Chlorine - 1HP 100# Hayward sand filter
    Lots of sun, trees, pollen & wind - 50ppm Borates
    4nd season grateful TFP fan

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 18X52 Intex AG Sand question

I am actually using edgers to do the same thing as the metal ring. How hard is it to move and level the sand? Is it worth the $120 to have the people haul it in a spread it?
    AG 18'X52" round Ultra frame Intex 8961 gallons with sand filter and SWG 1600 gph also have TF-100 Test kit