Margarittavile Frozen Concoction Maker - Recipes

Millions of recipes on the net so I'll just give you one suggestion instead. We prefer the dark rum in those frozen concoctions vs. white rum. Spiced rum is good also on some mixtures. Just be sure and put the TOP back on the blender jar before ya' hit the button. Don't ask me how I know this. Happy concocting!

I have one of the Margaritaville machines (highly recommend BTW). When searching for a recipe me and my wife both agreed that the "Perfect" margarita @ Applebees is one of the best. I have a friend who is a former manager of Applebees and I got him to give me the recipe. He told me that you can buy the Applebees sweet & sour mix @ Applebees and I did this once, but to be honest I couldn't tell the difference so I just went back to the grocery store sweet & sour. Enjoy!

4.5 oz. 1800 tequilla
2.25 oz. triple sec
2.25 oz. Grand Marnier
2 oz. lime juice (fresh squezed is best)
6 oz. seet & sour mix
1.5 oz. simple syrup

Thanks! Went out and bought some of that 1800, and a bottle of Xalixco (at half the price). Mixed one per recipe with 1800; mixed one with Xalixco per "my" recipe (which is 1 shot Teq, .75 shot TS, .5 shot GM, 2-3 shots sugar free Margarita mix). While 1800 is real good, I actually prefer my "cheap" version being a bit sweeter. Now to try the 1800 in my cheap version (2 was enough last night!). I have the battery powered machine, wish I'd bough the one with the cord... battery is always dead when you want a drink!

Lately I've been using the stock daiquiri recipe but adding frozen strawberries and blueberries, which ironically makes it come out looking like a raspberry daiquiri....or maybe that just how I see it after 3 or 5. :whoot:

Will try that this weekend! Doesn't the beer foam up? I'm sure getting po'ed at my battery operated machine; it dies about halfway through a mix (after been sitting for a few weeks). Wish I'd bought the corded one!

Swamp Rabbit said:
3/4 pitcher ice
1 can frozen limeade
3/4 limeade can of sauza tequila
1/2 can domestic beer

Can produce a lot of drinks in a very quick time for very cheap.

tcat said:
Will try that this weekend! Doesn't the beer foam up? I'm sure getting po'ed at my battery operated machine; it dies about halfway through a mix (after been sitting for a few weeks). Wish I'd bought the corded one!

Swamp Rabbit said:
3/4 pitcher ice
1 can frozen limeade
3/4 limeade can of sauza tequila
1/2 can domestic beer

Can produce a lot of drinks in a very quick time for very cheap.

No problems with foaming up. I dip the rim of my glasses in the margarita, then in a bowl of salt, then fill, grab a straw and enjoy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For those not yet lucky enough to have tried a margarita machine, how much does the recipe above make? Is that per regular size pitcher? Which I assume is 3 drinks given the options are 1, 2 or 3 on the machine? It's always good to have a frame of reference BEFORE the tequila comes out...

So you should figure one can of limeade per pitcher as a quick and easy way to make sure you've got enough ingredients available?

onewomanarmy said:
For those not yet lucky enough to have tried a margarita machine, how much does the recipe above make? Is that per regular size pitcher? Which I assume is 3 drinks given the options are 1, 2 or 3 on the machine? It's always good to have a frame of reference BEFORE the tequila comes out...

So you should figure one can of limeade per pitcher as a quick and easy way to make sure you've got enough ingredients available?

5 cup blender :cheers:

Must be a "3" on the machine... but I have BIG glasses, so it's "1" for me :cheers:

onewomanarmy said:

I use a Vita-mix BarBoss. What a machine!!!

Here is a variation on the LimeAid recipe:

1 can Limeaid
1/2 can tequila
1/3 can triple sec
ice to desired consistency

The triple sec provides the "orange flavour" without the need for Grand Marnier (or at least not as much $$$).

Of course you can adjust....but 3/4 can of tequila.....WOW!!!...that margarita must have some kick!!!

How well does the Vita-mix BarBoss turn ice to "slush"? I'm not happy with my Margaritavile battery unit and plan on replacing it (mainly for how fast the battery goes dead). I also never thought it made a very "slushy" frozen margarita. I've also heard the Breville BBL605XL is good.

So for the first time in my life, that I'm aware of, I had margaritas made with fresh squeezed like juice. Let me tell you it makes all the difference! You don't need to salt the rim as it is salty enough. I dare you to try it....and when you do you'll never go back to mix.

Limes in the grocery store here are like 3 for a dollar, limes at the farmers market are $2.50 for 25!

Seriously try it once!

tcat said:
How well does the Vita-mix BarBoss turn ice to "slush"? I'm not happy with my Margaritavile battery unit and plan on replacing it (mainly for how fast the battery goes dead). I also never thought it made a very "slushy" frozen margarita. I've also heard the Breville BBL605XL is good.

The BarBoss is AWESOME!!! Although it might be a bit overkill for home use. It is designed for a bar. You can pour in the ingredients and hit one button and walk away. What I like about it is that you can set the desired time to mix. Thus, once you determine the appropriate amount of time to mix and the appropriate amount of ice....you can replicate the consistency. This thing is a beast. It pulls 13 amps of power. It starts out slow....like 13K rpm then increase to 37K rpm. Absolutely no ice chunks....just smooth and yummy. It is a bit noisy...but a small price to pay. Everybody loves these margaritas. I bought the 64oz about 6 years ago...and still going strong.
I found the best price here: http://www.jlhufford.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6319 NOTE: I have no financial interest in this site...just where I got my mixer. I visited the website and found an updated version....the 5085....looks awesome

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.