Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Margarittavile Frozen Concoction Maker - Recipes

1. Back To Top    #1

Margarittavile Frozen Concoction Maker - Recipes

Just received my Margarittaville Fiji and looking to experiment a bit, anyone have any good recipes to share?
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Margarittavile Frozen Concoction Maker - Recipes

Millions of recipes on the net so I'll just give you one suggestion instead. We prefer the dark rum in those frozen concoctions vs. white rum. Spiced rum is good also on some mixtures. Just be sure and put the TOP back on the blender jar before ya' hit the button. Don't ask me how I know this. Happy concocting!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one of the Margaritaville machines (highly recommend BTW). When searching for a recipe me and my wife both agreed that the "Perfect" margarita @ Applebees is one of the best. I have a friend who is a former manager of Applebees and I got him to give me the recipe. He told me that you can buy the Applebees sweet & sour mix @ Applebees and I did this once, but to be honest I couldn't tell the difference so I just went back to the grocery store sweet & sour. Enjoy!

4.5 oz. 1800 tequilla
    2.25 oz. triple sec
    2.25 oz. Grand Marnier
    2 oz. lime juice (fresh squezed is best)
    6 oz. seet & sour mix
    1.5 oz. simple syrup
    20k inground, Heyward Sand Filter, Compupool Salt Generator, Blue Pearl Robotic Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Went out and bought some of that 1800, and a bottle of Xalixco (at half the price). Mixed one per recipe with 1800; mixed one with Xalixco per "my" recipe (which is 1 shot Teq, .75 shot TS, .5 shot GM, 2-3 shots sugar free Margarita mix). While 1800 is real good, I actually prefer my "cheap" version being a bit sweeter. Now to try the 1800 in my cheap version (2 was enough last night!). I have the battery powered machine, wish I'd bough the one with the cord... battery is always dead when you want a drink!
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

If you are buying inexpensive and are about to reach for the Cuervo, grab Sauza instead. Best way I know to improve your margaritas!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    If you are buying inexpensive and are about to reach for the Cuervo, grab Sauza instead. Best way I know to improve your margaritas!
    I remember when Sauza first came to the states it was expensive.....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

7. Back To Top    #7

Lately I've been using the stock daiquiri recipe but adding frozen strawberries and blueberries, which ironically makes it come out looking like a raspberry daiquiri....or maybe that just how I see it after 3 or 5.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

3/4 pitcher ice
    1 can frozen limeade
    3/4 limeade can of sauza tequila
    1/2 can domestic beer

Can produce a lot of drinks in a very quick time for very cheap.

9. Back To Top    #9

Will try that this weekend! Doesn't the beer foam up? I'm sure getting po'ed at my battery operated machine; it dies about halfway through a mix (after been sitting for a few weeks). Wish I'd bought the corded one!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rabbit
    3/4 pitcher ice
    1 can frozen limeade
    1/2 can domestic beer

IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by tcat
    Will try that this weekend! Doesn't the beer foam up? I'm sure getting po'ed at my battery operated machine; it dies about halfway through a mix (after been sitting for a few weeks). Wish I'd bought the corded one!

3/4 pitcher ice
    1 can frozen limeade
    1/2 can domestic beer

No problems with foaming up. I dip the rim of my glasses in the margarita, then in a bowl of salt, then fill, grab a straw and enjoy.

11. Back To Top    #11

4 jiggers of good quality tequila, 1 jigger of triple sec, 1 - 6oz can of frozen limeade.
    21' AG (~11,000 gallons)
    Hayward S180T sand filter (35 gpm)
    Hayward Power-Flow SP1510 pump

12. Back To Top    #12

Dr. Swami & Bone Daddy's mix.
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

13. Back To Top    #13

3/4 pitcher ice
    1 can frozen limeade
    1/2 can domestic beer

+1 on this one. Same recipe I use and it's excellent! The beer takes the edge off the sweet & tangy side
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

14. Back To Top    #14

For those not yet lucky enough to have tried a margarita machine, how much does the recipe above make? Is that per regular size pitcher? Which I assume is 3 drinks given the options are 1, 2 or 3 on the machine? It's always good to have a frame of reference BEFORE the tequila comes out...

So you should figure one can of limeade per pitcher as a quick and easy way to make sure you've got enough ingredients available?
    19x43 Inground Vinyl Pool, approx 22 years old, no main drain, 2 (lopsided!) skimmers, 2 returns.
    1 HP Pentair Superflow Pump
    27" Hayward Sand Filter
    AutoPilot SWCG
    Aquabot T-4 Cleaner

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by onewomanarmy
    For those not yet lucky enough to have tried a margarita machine, how much does the recipe above make? Is that per regular size pitcher? Which I assume is 3 drinks given the options are 1, 2 or 3 on the machine? It's always good to have a frame of reference BEFORE the tequila comes out...

So you should figure one can of limeade per pitcher as a quick and easy way to make sure you've got enough ingredients available?
    5 cup blender
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

16. Back To Top    #16

Must be a "3" on the machine... but I have BIG glasses, so it's "1" for me

Quote Originally Posted by onewomanarmy

IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

17. Back To Top    #17

I use a Vita-mix BarBoss. What a machine!!!

Here is a variation on the LimeAid recipe:

1 can Limeaid
    1/2 can tequila
    1/3 can triple sec
    ice to desired consistency

The triple sec provides the "orange flavour" without the need for Grand Marnier (or at least not as much $$$).

Of course you can adjust....but 3/4 can of tequila.....WOW!!!...that margarita must have some kick!!!
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

18. Back To Top    #18

How well does the Vita-mix BarBoss turn ice to "slush"? I'm not happy with my Margaritavile battery unit and plan on replacing it (mainly for how fast the battery goes dead). I also never thought it made a very "slushy" frozen margarita. I've also heard the Breville BBL605XL is good.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

19. Back To Top    #19

So for the first time in my life, that I'm aware of, I had margaritas made with fresh squeezed like juice. Let me tell you it makes all the difference! You don't need to salt the rim as it is salty enough. I dare you to try it....and when you do you'll never go back to mix.

Limes in the grocery store here are like 3 for a dollar, limes at the farmers market are $2.50 for 25!

Seriously try it once!
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by tcat
    How well does the Vita-mix BarBoss turn ice to "slush"? I'm not happy with my Margaritavile battery unit and plan on replacing it (mainly for how fast the battery goes dead). I also never thought it made a very "slushy" frozen margarita. I've also heard the Breville BBL605XL is good.
    The BarBoss is AWESOME!!! Although it might be a bit overkill for home use. It is designed for a bar. You can pour in the ingredients and hit one button and walk away. What I like about it is that you can set the desired time to mix. Thus, once you determine the appropriate amount of time to mix and the appropriate amount of ice....you can replicate the consistency. This thing is a beast. It pulls 13 amps of power. It starts out slow....like 13K rpm then increase to 37K rpm. Absolutely no ice chunks....just smooth and yummy. It is a bit noisy...but a small price to pay. Everybody loves these margaritas. I bought the 64oz about 6 years ago...and still going strong.
    I found the best price here: http://www.jlhufford.com/ProductDeta...oductCode=6319 NOTE: I have no financial interest in this site...just where I got my mixer. I visited the website and found an updated version....the 5085....looks awesome
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast