TF100 the best test kit?? what accessories?

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
If i am reading the comparisons correctly it seems like the tf100 does more than the other option??

Someone recommended the stirring stick ..... anything else worth buying? ... i do not use salt so i assume the salt tests are out?

Sorry to ask such basic questions but better to ask than stay silent! :mrgreen:

The TF-100 is definitely the best bang for your buck. The Speedstir is a great option also. If you don't have salt & don't plan on adding borates, those two things are all you need.

The only other thing I can think that you may want is a bottle of CYA standard to use to fine tune your CYA testing but that's completely optional.

Nobody who has a speedstir thinks they wasted money. Get one.

And you may as well spring for the TF100 with the XL option, because you'll be using a lot of FAS-DPD powder initially, playing with your new toy, and it saves postage to get the refill now rather than later.

I also hunted around on eBay and got more magnetic stir bars for the speedstir, so I can run all my tests before I need to dump anything and do the dishes.

Just a note that if like what you are reading here and think that the knowledge may save you money maintaining your pool ... you can become a supporter on the forum you get a $10 discount on the TF100.

I agree with Richard, you'll probably need a bit extra reagents the first year.

The magnetic stir bars are little magnetic 'pills', you drop them in the jar and the speed stir swirls the pill which swirls the liquid...just make sure you add the proper volumes (the pill displaces the liquid).
I have a speed stir and I like it.

Like other's have said, the speed stir is worth the money, and it is nice to have extra stir bars. I bought 3 or 4 extra egg shaped ones off ebay for $10 or so, if getting them from ebay make sure to get ones small enough to fit in the speed stir tube.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Speedstir is worth every penny! I also really love the sample sizer. I found it a tad bit tedious to try and get accurate samples. That little bar really speeds up and dumb proofs the process.

Good call on the extra magnets and tubes. That would help speed up the process. Now I know what I need to order next...

Love my Speed Stir. Ordered an extra Taylor calibrated cylinder as those have a flat bottom inside. The "chlorine only" cylinder has that dome/bump in the bottom so the stir bar likes to jump around rather than spin smoothly in those. So now I have a "chlorine only" flat bottom cylinder.

Ok, this is probably a question asked a bunch but how long does the TF100 last before I will need to reorder supplies for it? I live in Belize and travel often to the states, so I want to make sure I can keep enough of the test items on hand to last a while.

So what I am asking is how many days of testing should I get before I will need to replace something and what have you seen gets used up in how long?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ok, this is probably a question asked a bunch but how long does the TF100 last before I will need to reorder supplies for it? I live in Belize and travel often to the states, so I want to make sure I can keep enough of the test items on hand to last a while.

So what I am asking is how many days of testing should I get before I will need to replace something and what have you seen gets used up in how long?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Generally, about a year's worth of testing. If you're going to stockpile anything, it should be the R-0870 and R-0871 FAS-DPD reagents. Those are hard to find. The rest of them are standard Taylor reagents you should be able to find at almost any pool store in the US on your visits.

New pool owner. Will be SWG. Can anyone provide links to best place to buy the TF-100 and recommended accessories? Amazon has multiple but would rather get the correct equipment first time. Thanks.

XL Will prevent you from the need to reorder as soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.