Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator Check Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator Check Valves

Ok I totally understand the purpose of the check valve on the outgoing side of the LQ, as it will prevent pool water from draining backward into the LQ from the skimmer (AGP) when the pump is off. But why on earth is. Check valve needed on the incoming side? It wouldn't be possible for the LQ to drain backwards into the pool return anyway! What am I not seeing here?

Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator Check Valves

Do you have an inground or aboveground pool? Depending on your setup you may need both or you may not need either. The mfg has to cover all circumstances and rather than try to separate all the different setups the instructions use both.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Liquidator Check Valves

It's above ground. So water cannot flow uphill to the pool return

Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.