Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New O-Ring for a Half Union Ball Valve

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA

    New O-Ring for a Half Union Ball Valve

    I have a half-union 2" PVC ball valve that's missing its o-ring. I think the valve was made by Hayward. The logo on it is an "H" with waves through the middle. What's the best way to find a replacement o-ring? Are these things standard? Can I walk into a pool shop and tell them I need a replacement o-ring for a 2" Hayward half-union ball valve?

    My best guess was to use a micrometer to measure the diameter at the bottom of the groove where it sits and the inside diameter of the part that it has to seal against. That would give me inside and outside diameters. What I don't know is where to go to buy the o-ring. Pool store? Plumbing store? Internet?
    TFP Forum and the BBB Method Changed My Life!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    SouthWest Alabama

    Re: New O-Ring for a Half Union Ball Valve

    A pool store may have it but you can probably find one at a big box store as well.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts