Do you have a problem with chlorine losing strength?

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
One reason I haven't gotten a liquidator is that. Our summer days are well over 100 degrees, and my plumbing is not shaded. I'm afraid that I'll fill the liquidator and the chlorine inside will get so hot it will lose a good part of it's strength before it's used up. Also, is the liquidator UV proof? If not, that will also allow the chlorine to lose strength before it's used up.

Swimgirl said:
One reason I haven't gotten a liquidator is that. Our summer days are well over 100 degrees, and my plumbing is not shaded. I'm afraid that I'll fill the liquidator and the chlorine inside will get so hot it will lose a good part of it's strength before it's used up. Also, is the liquidator UV proof? If not, that will also allow the chlorine to lose strength before it's used up.

I dont have one, but others have posted that because the liquidator is continually in contact with pool water it stays at pool water temperature.

I have a peristaltic pump and have buried my chlorine tank.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.