Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings from SE Florida !!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings from SE Florida !!!

Howdy All !!! Nice lil place ya'all have here

While I may not post alot to start, I have been reading enough of the forum to know I see this place as a very helpful asset to my pool maintaince issues.

Hopefully it won't take much of this -> to get in my thick head
    what I need to do to get to this ->

This year has been a real pain in the butt in keeping my pool sparkly clean for some unknown reasons. I have never had this much trouble in the past 10 years as I seem to have this year. I know all it takes is ahrd work and educating myself a bit better about it all to get my pool back to what it is suppose to be, Pleasure, not work
    Where Ever You Go, There You Are :cool:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Greetings from SE Florida !!!

Welcome!!!!!!!
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP.

Once you learn the basics of the system here and get your pool balanced, it will be a pleasure again.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome from Jacksonville, FL!
    16,000Gal-Oval IG Plaster, Hayward SP2605X7 3/4-HP Pump Z-Wave Controlled, Hayward C1200 Cartridge Filter, Wedding Cake steps and a 7' deep-end, BBBing with a TF-100 & SpeedStir!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey! Small world! I'm in Jax too!

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to tfp, JimMariner

Posting a set of test numbers could help us get started in helping figure out the "unknown reasons".

Take a look at: http://www.troublefreepool.com/what-...ns-t10341.html

A good test kit will be important (see the link in my sig).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you all for the nice welcome !!!

As for test numbers, I will have to wait a week till I get home in Fla, Work comes first ya know.
    Where Ever You Go, There You Are :cool:

8. Back To Top    #8

I here you on the work thing...I am not really excited when I have to travel for work.

Just a suggestion...why not get a tf-100 test kit on order, so that you have the right tool in your tool box waiting for you in Fla when it is time to start?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.