Low salt readings

Newpool2011

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 20, 2011
Southwest, MI
I was hoping someone could try and help me with my salt readings. When I opened the pool three weeks ago the salt reading on my Intellichlor was around 2800ppm. I added salt and brought it up to 3500ppm. About a week ago I started getting a red light, “very low” salt reading. I called the PB they said to add more salt and run the pump for 48 hours straight. I did this Friday afternoon (7 bags) and I’m still getting 2700 ppm reading. I bought test strips and they read 3200 ppm on Saturday. Any suggestions would be very helpful. The pool is less than a year old. Thanks

Attachments

• SWG.JPG
    SWG.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 52
You can certainly raise the salt level to 3400 ppm. If you're generating the right amount of chlorine and your tests are correct, I wouldn't worry too much over it. As Jason said, they do read low when the temperature is low. Also, if it's an older unit, there is a calibration method that I had to use on my older unit. It always read differently than the actual readings, so I calibrated and all the lights were green from there on. You can check that out by finding the threads - go to google search below and search on Intellichlor calibration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.