Stenner for Muriatic Acid (Which one and feed rate?)

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
I am impressed with my first Stenner. Now I am in the planning stage to purchase another for my muriatic delivery. Suggestions on the pump and feed rate? If all possible I want to control the feed on the same timer as my current Stenner which is for my chlorine. The tricky part with the Stenner pumps is to figure out the feed rate based on using it at the max feed rate to reduce the noise and maximize the longevity of the pump.

I don't recommend trying to put both acid and chlorine on the same timer, especially if you are also trying to stick with the max feed rate as much as possible. Chlorine demand and acid demand tend to vary in unrelated ways. Chlorine demand is mostly about water temperature and bather load, while acid demand varies with TA, which is not correlated with either water temperature or bather load.

Understood. I am just trying to prevent a $300 upgrade. I currently have a dual Intermatic mechanical timers. I would have to purchase a Intermatic Three Circuit Clock P1353ME. Which might entail other expenses.

I agree with Jason, and wouldn't try to run the acid and chlorine pump on the same timer. Also, there's no way for us to help size your acid pump because we don't have a clue how much acid you use per unit of time.

Sabot said:
Understood. I am just trying to prevent a $300 upgrade. I currently have a dual Intermatic mechanical timers. I would have to purchase a Intermatic Three Circuit Clock P1353ME. Which might entail other expenses.

I just bought a cheap timer from home depot for $20 to run my chlorine. They have digital ones, but mine is mechanical and only goes in 30 minute increments. It is fine for chlorine though. What is the value of the intermatic timers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.