1st Post, Thanks TFP!!!

NocturnalDoc

LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2012
Redding, CA
Greetings all. I found this forum near the end of last season, and read around a bit. Too ignorant to make the switch then, and didn't close the pool properly. "Rediscovered" the site this spring, while staring at my murky dark-green pond. 10 days later, my pool is a glistening blue gem! Thank you!!! All done with 6% bleach from Costco, A&H baking soda, and MA from my local pool store. Now that she's beautiful, my next step is borates. I've read 14 of the 17 pages on that thread! Going with Borax and MA (since I already have 4 gal of MA on hand). Looking forward to a great swim season!

Hot tub arriving next week... so glad I'm now "in the know," and I'll get started right.

Can't sing enough praise about the awesome info here. And this all without asking a single question (hey, it's my first post, remember?). The Pool School and a few selected threads to read were all I needed. That said, I'll be checking back regularly as things come up (i.e. I know I have a pressure side air leak, and if I can't figure it out, I know where to turn).

THANKS!!! :cheers:

Thanks for stopping in to say hi. So, today I bought 17 boxes of Borax. Cleaned out Wally World (13 boxes), then Kmart (3), then finally stopped at Safeway (1) to complete my quest. Have to order the test strips now, but since I'm starting at zero, I'm not worried about getting going. By the way, prices on Borax ranged from $3.26 (Walmart) to $4.99 (Safeway).

So, a word of advice, despite my novice status here: Suction side air leaks are not the recommended mode of aeration! Ask me how I know.

Anyway, I'll move to topic-specific forums after this.

Cheers