Filling a new AGP

Mar 22, 2012
I just completed installing a 24' Sharkline Venture pool. I am in the process of filling it now and have a few questions. First... When I first started filling the pool the v-bead liner had wrinkles all the way around the pool. Now there is roughly two feet of water in it and all the wrinkles have pulled out except for a section about ten feet across. Is that normal while the liner stretches to accommodate the weight of the water. And to top it off the wrinkles are right in front of the skimmer and return opening. What happens if the wrinkles don't pull out and the liner is tight enough to install the skimmer? Help please ease my nerves. Thanks

Hopefully it'll stretch out and be fine. I really suspect it will. If it doesn't you'll likely have to drain and readjust. Bummer!

I know hind sight is 20/20 but your issue is why I love using a shop vac. You can set the liner get smooth and all the wrinkles out before the first drop of water goes in.

As an after thought, you could put the vac on it now and see if the wrinkles pull out. I bet they will.

I continued to fill it this this morning. I'm about five inches below the skimmer opening and still have a lot of slack. The rest of the pool liner is tight except for the ten foot section. The wall is no more than an inch out of level but the only thing I can think would cause this would be the wall be severely out of level or the sand base not being level. Has anybody ever heard of getting a liner that is not cut right?

I know this is a horrible picture but if you look to the left of the ladder you can see the wrinkles in the liner. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337039009.241943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337039009.241943.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 249
it's very hard to see in the photos..but from the looks of it it looks like when you pulled your liner up..instead of pulling straight up, it was pulled a bit to the "right"....again, it's hard to tell from the photo, but from what I can see those wrinkles don't look too deep, and SHOULD press and stretch out as your water raises up over them. There's lots of stretching left to do where you water level is currently at.

Dan

I thought the same thing that the liner was hung not perfectly straight up and down but then again wouldn't it do that all the way around the pool. I cant see a way of pulling that section straight without pulling the other section off. The wrinkles are just rising as the water level rises. That picture was taken Saturday night. I am only filling it during the day a few hours at a time. The water is maybe a foot and a half from being full now and there is at least six inches of loose liner on the one section. Things are starting to point to a liner cut wrong, in my mind. I can't figure it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.