Rust in a pool

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
As some of you know I am having the roof replaced over my indoor pool, well due to a combination of events what I am guessing is a few pounds of rust have found its way into the bottom of my pool. The short version of the story is while the old metal roof was being cut off the old I-beams a lot of fine rust ended up all over the floor, then it rainned yesterday and the run off with all this rust went into the pool. The question are now what to do about it, and how will this effect the pool chemistry? This rust now appears as black dirt like powder on the bottom of the pool which the robotic vacuum stirs up more than it picks up.

p.s latest test results, some parts (CH and TA) are a few days old

FC 3.5
CC 0
pH 7.5
CYA 25
TA 70
CH 160

Hopefully the Dolphin will pick it up in enough passes, the problem is the treads are stiring it up before the vacuum can suck it through the filter bag.

Ike

p.s. most of the rust/iron is gone now thanks to a bar magnet on wheels designed to pick up nails

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.