77shovelhead's first test results

May 8, 2012
Memphis Tn
Did the test in order with the instructions.
K-1000
CL=orange
ph=8.2

Chlorine drop test;
1 scoop R-870 =turned pink
R-871 solution cleared at 48 drops x .5=24 FC
added 5 drops R-0003 and solution turned pink
added 1 drop R-871 to clear up solution 1x.5=.5 CC
24 FC+.5 CC=24.5 TC

Total alk;
Mixed 2 drops R-0007 and 5 drops R-0008 solution turned green
11 drops R-009 turned pinkish
at about 13-15 drops turned orangish and I stopped at 40 drops with not much change in color, but never RED.

Calcium hardness;
Mixed 20 drops R-0010 and 5 drops R-0011L
Solution turned purple
added 7 drops R-0012
7x10=70

CYA
Filled to bottom of label added R-0013 to top of label, mixed, waited and mixed
poured solution into tube untill no black dot.
50 I didn't have FULL sun light, but I had 60 yesterday, so I'm close to 55 CYA

This is with the chlorinator on and adding 364 oz bleach last night. I had rain last night and early this morning.

Pool has been cloudy and light green for about 3 weeks now.

Your shock level FC is just right for the CYA in your pool. Keep it right where it is by replenishing it as often as you can an continue the shock process.

You were finished with the TA test when you got the first color change at 11 drops...TA = 110

shovelhead,

I would hold off for now on lowering pH. You tested pH when your FC was very high so that 8.2 result you got is not correct.

Your pH is lower and I suggest you leave it alone and then retest when the chlorine gets below 10ppm

duraleigh said:
shovelhead,

I would hold off for now on lowering pH. You tested pH when your FC was very high so that 8.2 result you got is not correct.

Your pH is lower and I suggest you leave it alone and then retest when the chlorine gets below 10ppm

Ahh, Good point, I should have known Duraleigh didn't say to for a reason..

FC=21
CC=1
TC=22
PH=7.5
TA=40 will adjust in the next day or two
CH= this was orange not yellow
CYA=50
Ambient temp about 82
Brushing and vacuume daily

Water has cleared enough to see the channels washed out under the liner. :roll: 10 year old liner gets replaced next year.

I rinsed out the sand with a water hose Saturday. It was filthy and I realized that I had not been rinsing after each backwash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.