Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Comparing salt systems

1. Back To Top    #1

Comparing salt systems

Hello,
    I'm brand new to TFP and I will probably switch to salt water. I was leaning toward the Hayward Aqua-Rite system that a couple of friends of mine have and as I was researching the best saltwater system for the price I saw a company comparing systems that rates the CircuPool RJ system very highly in comparison to many others including the Aqua Rite. The 7 yr warranty looks good - just wondering if there is a down side to the CircuPool RJ System. I have a 22,000 gallon pool that I will replaster in the next month (leaning toward a Gemstone Sandstone replaster). I started with a Nature 2 clorinator and have been using a regular chlorine system the last several years. Thanks.
    Pool Size=23,000 gallons
    DE Filter = DNS 48 sqft
    In ground pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Comparing salt systems

Welcome to TFP!

There is nothing wrong with the CircuPool system, it is quite good. The disadvantage is that you can get the essentially identical CompuPool for less money, so why bother with CircuPool.

If you don't mind the price, I feel that the AquaRite is a better choice than either of those two. They have been doing this longer and have an extremely solid system.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Comparing salt systems

Thanks. That is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for.
    Pool Size=23,000 gallons
    DE Filter = DNS 48 sqft
    In ground pool