Best tile grout cleaner for bird poop...

coreyoreo

LifeTime Supporter
Hello, all,

I'd like to know what the best/reasonably priced chemical to use for tile grout cleaning.

Apparently, the local birds are using the top of my tiled spa wall for a bathroom ( i know... real gross..) & the grout seems to be getting it the worst. Strange, as this never happened before this season.

tilepoop1.jpg

Any idea what I could use or cleaning technique that wouldn't damage the grout?

And possibly any ideas to deter the birds?

Thanks for any help!!
Corey

Pretty much nothing short of a pellet gun will deter the birds. Aside from that, why not use a stiff brush and some water?

I had a bird, one bird, a sparrow, that choose to sit on me and my wife's side view mirrors on our cars all day, every day for the last two months or so. Bird droppings all over the mirror housings every day. I would chase the bird off only to have him reappear 10 minutes later. I ended up needing a Crosman 760 to close the deal.

257WbyMag said:
Pretty much nothing short of a pellet gun will deter the birds. Aside from that, why not use a stiff brush and some water?

I had a bird, one bird, a sparrow, that choose to sit on me and my wife's side view mirrors on our cars all day, every day for the last two months or so. Bird droppings all over the mirror housings every day. I would chase the bird off only to have him reappear 10 minutes later. I ended up needing a Crosman 760 to close the deal.

Thanks, 257!! Like the Crossman idea!! :goodjob: I am using a stiff brush, & I guess it's just a matter of scrubbing til it's gone... It's really caked on there. Shoulda hopped on it a long time ago. I was just hoping that there was something I could use to soften up the stuff so it would come off easier like 409 or simple green.. so far neither one is helping much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.