Water shooting out of Blower Pipe

Jan 20, 2011
Doylestown,PA
I was trying to get my Spa ready for gas delivery and when I put the jets on, water shot out of the Blower ( which does not work and will be replaced). The pressure literally tossed the blower off of the Pipe and when it came off I saw antifreeze still in the pipe. So the first question is...Shouldn't the blower be cemented on the pipe?

2nd question is...What caused the pressure to get so high to back flow into the blower pipe. Is there supposed to be water in there? Could it be I forgot something while opening the pool as far as cycling the water. I admit that someone helped me close last year and I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of my pool pump plumbing. The Spa is attached to the pool and it's a bit quirky directing the valves properly sine the markings are worn off.

I do have a pool guy that comes over and I'll be calling him over for a some beers and to mark all pipes. I'm a bit concerned the blower literally shot off though...

Also, last year when me and my pool friend closed the pool he noticed some leakage in the Jandey valves. I took them apart this Spring and he was dead on. The Directional valves are a bit worn and not totally sealed. It's not enough to cause major flow issues but they will need to be replaced before the end of summer IMO..

Sorry for the typos...I'm on my tablet out by the pool filter.. :eek:

The blower should be friction fit, for more or less for this exact reason.

The most likely cause is a winterizing plug, or perhaps a clogged jet, on one of the spa jets. That could force water backwards through the air pipe.

Rebuild kits are available for Jandy valves and are fairly easy to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.