How am I looking right now?

Jul 16, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I've been working on my pool for weeks now. Got the green out, the water is clear, my home made solar heaters are working perfectly and my water seems stable.
Here are my morning test results.

FC=3
CC=3
PH=7.5
TA=110
CH=450
CYA=55-60
Water temp=87

How am I looking so far?
I have a solar cover and I also built some home made solar heaters and they are working beyond my expectations. It's supposed to be in the low 100's here in Mesa Az. for the next week or so and I'm thinking I won't need to use the cover or the heaters this week unless I need to cool off the water. 86 feels perfect to me. I can cool it down a little by running the heaters at night. I'm pretty happy with things so far but I'd like your opinions.

Thanks. This site is a lifesaver.

Good numbers but could use a couple of fine tuning tweaks.

I suggest you keep your FC 4-6ppm and you will have a crystal clear pool all summer. 3ppm is not a deal breaker but it lower than the FC/CYA chart suggests.

With your CH being up around the top end of "OK", it would be just a little safer to run your pH around 7.2 with 7.5 as a top end. That should eliminate any possibility of calcium scale.

Yeah, I realize I'm a little high on the CH and also the CYA so the last few days I've backwashed to get as much of the water out as I could and replaced with new. My CYA last week was almost 90 so I've lowered that as well as lowered the CH from 500 down to 450.
The biggest problem I have right now is the water out of my hose has 200 CH so it's a little tough to lower the CH down much unless I dump the entire pool and I'm not prepared to do that yet.
I do get some scaling so I'm not sure what to do about that.

duraleigh said:
I do get some scaling so I'm not sure what to do about that.
[quote:c260e3au]it would be just a little safer to run your pH around 7.2 with 7.5 as a top end. That should eliminate any possibility of calcium scale.
[/quote:c260e3au]

DUH!. That didn't sink in until now. lol. But I also want to lower the CH and the only way to do that is dump a BUNCH of water. I might do that soon but it's looking like it will be November before I do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.