The Dark Side

This is the forum for the guys who successfully use tri-chlor, di-chlor, cal-hypo, etc.

My pool is close to 40K gals. I can't imagine how many gallon jugs of Clorox I would have to schlep to keep it clean & clear. And, I'm not going to install a Liquidator.

I can get 3" tabs & cal-hypo delivered for a reasonable price in reasonably small packages. I switched to cal-hypo for shocking to minimize CYA buildup; I don't have a problem w/ calcium buildup. I'm aware (thanks to TFP) of CYA buildup problems due to tabs, but I have a small leak, so I'm constantly replacing water. A leak, paired with what I've learned here on TFP, helps me keep my CYA manageable.

Plus, I learn other stuff here besides just pool chemistry.

So, TFP is the board for us on the dark side that don't use bleach, baking soda, & Boraxo.

Just my opinion.

CUTiger78 said:
A leak, paired with what I've learned here on TFP, helps me keep my CYA manageable.
So what you're saying is, you understand your pool, its chemistry, put in what it needs, don't let any parameter get out of control/unmanageable, and you refuse to blindly throw chemicals in hoping for the best....

You, sir, are definitely following BBB.;-)

Smykowski said:
CUTiger78 said:
A leak, paired with what I've learned here on TFP, helps me keep my CYA manageable.
So what you're saying is, you understand your pool, its chemistry, put in what it needs, don't let any parameter get out of control/unmanageable, and you refuse to blindly throw chemicals in hoping for the best....

You, sir, are definitely following BBB.;-)
Thanks!

And, congrats on your new status as a TFP Expert!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.