"Tear Aid" vinyl patch

iam4iam

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2012
Johnson City, TN
Has anyone tried the "Tear Aid" brand patch kit?
http://www.amazon.com/Flagline-Tear...1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1336910803&sr=1-1

It looks super easy to apply and reviews I've read have been good, but only a of these reviews were for pool applications. This site has been a great help, so I thought I'd see if anyone has tried it and what your experience was.

(My hole is well above water level, right near the top of the pool.)

I'm going to get this "Tear Aid" myself. This April, we discovered a 3" tear near the base of the stairs, just where it rounds at the bottom. Local pool guys patched it twice, but it pulled loose. They came out yesterday (water is warmer) and tried a third time. Said the tear is in the worst place possible and if this doesn't hold, I may have to replace the whole liner ($4500!). I'll don a mask myself and try the tear aid first!

We haven't patched ours yet. I've been too concerned (euphemism for obsessed) with FC, CYA, pH, and TA to get to it. It's above water level, so I'm not too concerned. I'll post my evaluation of the product when I finally get to using it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.