New to the board. Wealth of information here that the pool store will hate that I now know. I've always taken a water sample to the pool store and walked out at least $100 lighter in the pocket. It's always seemed like a moving target up until now. I've learned more about pool chemistry and how to adjust it in the two days I've been on this site than the entire 5 years I've owned a pool.
Just converted to salt this year. I've adjusted the chemical levels as follows:
Salt = 3300ppm
FC = 5
CC = 0.2
TA = 70
pH = 7.3
CYA = 70
According to the chlorine/cya chart the shock level for this pool would be around 28ppm. My question is - when raising the FC to this high of a level, how long will it take to come back down to a swimmable level? Should I turn off the SWG until it drops back to 5ppm?
In the past, I've always used either a 15min shock or non-chlorinated shock. How does a non-chlorinated shock even work? Do I even need to worry about shocking as long as the CC stays below 0.5?