Fountains still dribbling when turned off

innova

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Hey all,

I've got 4 fountains (deck jets) and the first in the series is dribbling constantly when they're turned off. This is causing me to lose water and more importantly it's backing up on to my patio so not a good thing. They're controlled by a 2-way Hayward PSA24 actuator connected to I assume a ball valve inside. Somehow a bit of water is getting to the fountains in the off position so just looking for a bit of direction here I guess.

IMG_1874.jpg

Thanks!

Try looking directly under the actuator housing and you'll find a very small toggle switch. It's likely that this got bumped. Move it either all the way left or right and you see the valve move manually. The center position is for auto operation I believe. Move it till the valve closes all of the way and check your jets for the dribble. If all is good then move it back to the center position. If that is not the problem then the square o-ring inside the valve body is probably worn out.

Actuator seems to be lined up correctly, no change there. Looks like i'm going to have to take it apart and check the o-ring. I'll take some photos and hopefully someone can help me identify what type I've got/need. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.