Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fountains still dribbling when turned off

1. Back To Top    #1

Fountains still dribbling when turned off

Hey all,

I've got 4 fountains (deck jets) and the first in the series is dribbling constantly when they're turned off. This is causing me to lose water and more importantly it's backing up on to my patio so not a good thing. They're controlled by a 2-way Hayward PSA24 actuator connected to I assume a ball valve inside. Somehow a bit of water is getting to the fountains in the off position so just looking for a bit of direction here I guess.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Fountains still dribbling when turned off

Try looking directly under the actuator housing and you'll find a very small toggle switch. It's likely that this got bumped. Move it either all the way left or right and you see the valve move manually. The center position is for auto operation I believe. Move it till the valve closes all of the way and check your jets for the dribble. If all is good then move it back to the center position. If that is not the problem then the square o-ring inside the valve body is probably worn out.

3. Back To Top    #3

Excellent, thanks for the reply, will check today.

4. Back To Top    #4

Actuator seems to be lined up correctly, no change there. Looks like i'm going to have to take it apart and check the o-ring. I'll take some photos and hopefully someone can help me identify what type I've got/need. Thanks again!

5. Back To Top    #5

Anyone able to identify which type of valve this is based on this photo?

My best guess is http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-G...1_400196_I.htm

Thanks again.

6. Back To Top    #6

Your pics aren't showing up so we can't tell what you have. Anyway, you most likely need to rebuild the valve and that'll solve your problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit