I have an ic40 swg, on the beginning of its second season.
I took a look at the plates today, and I saw a tiny amount of scale on only one edge of one plate. Not enough to impede water flow around it.
My pH was quite high when I opened in April, took about 24 hours to get it in range.
The scale does not surprise me, I'm just wondering if it sounds like enough to need to do an acid cleaning or not.
If so, I think I read here that you could stop up one end of the generator with a tennis ball if you dont have an acid cleaning kit. Is that ok, or is it safer to use the cleaning kit cup?
I tried to answer my own question here by reading, but I couldn't find a similar post.
Thank you as always.