Heaving on one side

May 12, 2012
Hi! we have had an 18X33 foot oval above ground pool now for 8 years. Year before last, we had a LOT of rain, and one side of the pool started to rise. We left if over winter in hopes in the spring it would settle back in. Wrong. It has stayed the same, it is right by the deck, along the supports that keeps it oval. The wall has pulled away from the track on the bottom and the top cover plates are on an angle. It is not crumpled, or wrinkled in any way, and we had a pool guy come over last summer to say he had a pool like that for 5 years and it was fine. Should I be concerned? I am worried about it totally letting loose. People have said it is very difficult for it to burst. We plan on draining it, and putting in a new liner and at the same time fixing the side. Any one think it's okay to leave for another year? Thanks so much.

Welcome to TFP! I won't be the one to know enough to answer, but I bet the people with the smarts would like to see some pictures if possible.

If the pool is heaving and pulled out of the track, I would fix it, especially with an oval considering the outward pressure of the water on the straight walls. It just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.