Wondering if this is all with the valve on the filter...

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
What I'm getting:
1. A puff of dirt in the pool when I turn on the pump (put a skimmer & aquarium filter sock over the return and saw that some of the dirt particles are larger than the filter sand.
2. Sometimes some water still goes out of the back flush hose after back flushing and turning back to circulate.
3. Losing some suction / pressure after pump running awhile, particularly when vacuuming (enough that my autovac stops running.) I do not have a filter pressure gauge so don't know what the pressures like in the filter when it does this; just know that the water pressure to the pool goes down. It does come back when I turn the pump off and back on.
I know the first two problems are probably spider gasket; in fact I had that answered before here. But is the third problem, with the pressure, related? (I haven't replaced the gasket assembly yet; I found the spider gasket is molded into the diverter and that's about $30 whereas the whole valve is about $70. So I'll probably get the whole valve.)

I think you have two different problems. The spider gasket and a suction side leak. Once you fix the gasket concentrate on finding the leak.

Pump drain plugs, basket lid o-ring, skimmer weir, and water level. If the level is too low the skimmer will create a vortex.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.