Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long until my Green Pool is Clear ?? - This long :

1. Back To Top    #1

How long until my Green Pool is Clear ?? - This long :

I know there are so many variables to the question: How long until my green pool is clear again?

For those of you as nervous as I was (even though I was doing everything correctly)....

and Following the EXCELLENT advice on this forum I took care of my 1st Algae outbreak this year. I've never had one in the 4 years since having a new pool and I can't remember having one about 20 years ago with the last pool.

I thought..... I'M SCARED..... WHAT DO I DO. (Darn mild Winter here in PA this year!)

Having a sand filter, I have to admit..... I was worried..... Is thing ever going to get clear??

Many of us have the same questions... DO you??

It's not green anymore.... but.... now it's kind of Milky Blue.... Will it turn clear???? When?? How long....? Wait...., wait.....oh no!.... Is it turning green again? IS IT????. I saw chlorine holding steady... I shocked an extra 2 days after this just to be sure..... IT'S HOLDING STEADY RIGHT??? DARN it.... It can't be turning green ... can it?.... I'm paranoid now...... Did I do it correctly????

I MUST HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY.... I'M A GRADUATE OF THE POOL SCHOOL FOR GOODNESS SAKE !

Then I check my numbers again( many times a day... I can't be wrong - CAN I ??). Out comes the TF-100( for the 654th time this week). Everything looks fine. But Darn.. what's with the Milky blue? Seriously....... I think it's clearing a little bit each day.... BUT IS IT????

Back to the forum again. Filter running 24/7 for over a week. Let's try a "touch of D.E." on day 4. Keep that filter running. Keep using that TF-100... Keep it Going....... Keeeeeeeeeeeep it going...

And then!......FINALLY ! I pull the cover back about 14 days later and WHAM! Like the "Magic Clear Water Fairy" showed up during the night while I was sleeping , it's finally clear!! ....

Taking lots of pictures and comparing, this was my 2 week project and the results.

- Check those dates above the pics and see my progress!

Then sit back, grab a coffee or beer (or both) or something "harder". Thank the members of the forum and get ready to start the season.

Pics below are from April 25th to May 5th. So be patient...

May 7th, I'd call it "CRYSTAL CLEAR" so for me...... Almost 14 days... and let me tell you...I was out there a long time during the first 4 days or so....

PS Don't mind my unfinished composite deck. Ran out of time last year....

A JOB WELL DONE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    33'x15' x 52" Aqualeader
    Gallons ? - (I use appx 13,500 to calculate "stuff")
    33 x 15 x 4.3 x 5.9 = 12,558. or . . The Pool Calculator = 14,400
    Hayward S-166T 100Lb Sand Filter - Hayward Power-Flo LX 1HP Pump
    Intex S.W.G.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long until my Green Pool is Clear ?? This long:

I love the sequence of pics
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks JasonLion,

Could not have done it without your:

"Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis" Thread.

I was hoping that others may run across my post and see that, done correctly, It may take a little bit of time but, the water WILL clear up if they follow the advice here - (and maybe get a little laugh out of it as well).
    33'x15' x 52" Aqualeader
    Intex S.W.G.

4. Back To Top    #4

Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: How long until my Green Pool is Clear ?? - This long :

I enjoyed your story and the pics! It reminds me of my pool. It was the same color of green and then it was milky blue. I gave up, maybe prematurely, and am now sitting here with any empty pool. Will fill it again when the pool people are done pressure washing and chlorine rinsing. However, my test results for CYA were off the chart so figured I needed new water anyway.

Thanks again for the laugh I needed today!

Chris

12K gal
    cartidge
    IG/pebble tec
    Phoenix AZ
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

6. Back To Top    #6

If I leave a quarter under my pillow will the "magic clear water fairy" visit me too?
    Thank you for posting. It looks like I'm not the only one who second guesses their testing!
    30000 gallon inground gunite pool
    Intelliflo ic-60 SWG, pentair tagelus sand filter, 1.5 hp whisperflo pump, tf 100 test kit,
    2 kids(tl), 1 mini-dachshund/lab mix(t),
    Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

Try useing a hose a flush out your filter. I had same issue (central pa also) and once I cleAned out the sand pool cleared up overnight I think the mild winter left stuff grow in the sand that didn't comeout with a backwash or something
    24' 52" Above Ground
    BBB
    LOVE TFP
    TF Test kits, Pool School, Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8

thanks! great idea!
    30000 gallon inground gunite pool
    Intelliflo ic-60 SWG, pentair tagelus sand filter, 1.5 hp whisperflo pump, tf 100 test kit,
    2 kids(tl), 1 mini-dachshund/lab mix(t),
    Central Illinois

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by tltmom
    If I leave a quarter under my pillow will the "magic clear water fairy" visit me too?
    Hey tltmom,

... Hope you got a little laugh out of it....

Ps. The "magic clear water fairy" expects $108.50 under the pillow. (She uses that for "magic pool clearing supplies"...
    33'x15' x 52" Aqualeader
    Intex S.W.G.

10. Back To Top    #10

14 days???...ugh I was beginning to doubt myself and my new testing abilities. But I will continue to try and be patient. My problem is the hubby looking over my shoulder with all his suggestions. I just Keep telling him "this is what it says on the site" "just go read!" lol! Please Please let it go faster...then he'll leave me alone.
    Now I'm wondering if I should do the hose trick to my sand filter, we had a very mild winter this year down south. Lots of people are having serious algae issues.
    Margaret :)
    27 ft Round
    17100 gallons
    vinyl AG
    1.5 hp sand filter.