Totally lost and frustrated.....

mtgans

May 23, 2011
Hi all! Pool has been beautiful since build finished in October. Two days ago looked like I had a brownish yellow patch on wall section of pool. Brushed it off and Shocked the pool. Went to pool store yesterday and bought jack's magic yellow and put two 6 oz. bags in and shocked pool again. Have also been running filter contiuously for two days. Shocked pool again this morning because now the pool is so murky you cant see the deep end. I am at a loss and very confused. Husband just vacuumed pool. Now what? I bought a Taylor K-2005 test kit, which is also confusing. Here are a few numbers, if I did it right. Also forgot to mention turned SWG up to 100% for two days. Think I might have to call a pool guy because I have no clue! Help!
I have a 36,000 gunite Sunstone Select pool.

FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 110

Hus

Do you know what your CYA level is? If you don't you should find out. A pool store will measure it for you if your test kit can't measure CYA.

The DPD chlorine test in the Taylor K-2005 can't measure FC or TC above 5, so your FC/TC levels could well be higher, but there is no way of telling. I recommend getting a FAS-DPD chlorine test which will measure FC and CC levels up to 50 by 0.5s.

Shocking is an ongoing process, not something you do once and are done with. You should read the article in Pool School on shocking your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.