May 12, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Split off of this topic. JasonLion

I have installed almost the same set up as you. iaqualink, RS8, same VS flopro pump, aquapure 1400 chlorinator, etc. I know that the chlorinator and iaqualink work great because I didn't replace the pump until last and they worked right before. Today I replaced the pump. Everything went smoothly. I can't figure out what I did wrong though. The pump will not start! Its like it has no electricity. The only confusing thing for me is where to put the dip switches. I have them all off since I'm using the aqualink RS. Everything else works because I can see the controller turn on and the chlorinator, but the pump does nothing. Can you please help? Any ideas? I have the red, black, then green wires that were connected to my prior pump, red first (from the front), black middle and green on ground. I also have the copper ground hooked up to the side of the pump. I can't figure out where a light is on the top anywhere though. weird. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

jacyndae said:
I have installed almost the same set up as you. iaqualink, RS8, same VS flopro pump, aquapure 1400 chlorinator, etc. I know that the chlorinator and iaqualink work great because I didn't replace the pump until last and they worked right before. Today I replaced the pump. Everything went smoothly. I can't figure out what I did wrong though. The pump will not start! Its like it has no electricity. The only confusing thing for me is where to put the dip switches. I have them all off since I'm using the aqualink RS. Everything else works because I can see the controller turn on and the chlorinator, but the pump does nothing. Can you please help? Any ideas? I have the red, black, then green wires that were connected to my prior pump, red first (from the front), black middle and green on ground. I also have the copper ground hooked up to the side of the pump. I can't figure out where a light is on the top anywhere though. weird. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Does your pump plug in??? Or is it direct wired. Is it through the same circuit as the rest of your electrical stuff. I had a similar thing happen two years ago...My Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter...broke over the winter. It popped due to the cold...I had to replace it? Could that be the problem...If the plug is wired with a GFCI right next to it. It will interrupt the power going to the pump...Just a shot in the dark...but sometimes it is just that easy.

Re: The pump does nothing - dip switches I think

It is directly wired. I did check the GCFI because I thought the same as you. It has the proper power going to it. I tested with volt meter and the light on top of the pump is on which the manual says that would mean it had power. I think it must have something to do with the dip switches on the pump and the aqualink controller......I hope they don't expect me to pack this thing up and send it back to them in California (I'm in Florida). Grrrr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.