Diving Board Crack

IkeRay

May 20, 2007
Houston, Tx
my diving board has a small crack in it. its not so much a crack-crack, but the fiberglass has a fold mark in it, ill post pics so you can see what i mean. anyways, is it repairable or do i have to replace the entire board? ive bounced on it, and the crack hasnt seemed to spread, i felt if a 200 lb guy could jump on it and nothing happen then in case a 30-50 lb kid jumped on it, it wont break on them.

DSCN3956.jpg

DSCN3955.jpg

i would say that its time to replace the board
i am always afraid that a board will break(although i have never seen it happen)
do you take it in for the winter and is there a fulcrum under it?

I just got the bad news my board has some hairline cracks in it. The pool guy pointed them out to me. I would never have seen them. They just look like scratches. He won't put the board on that way but I am welcome to do it myself. He doesn't want the liability. So I'll be getting a new board. I wouldn't use yours if I were you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.