Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEW HEATER

1. Back To Top    #1

NEW HEATER

Wow I just opened the pool and the heater was leaking. I removed the side panel and discovered it's all rusted out. Can anyone recomend a quality brand heater for around $1,500? or what would be the best choice if I had to spend more? What is the best BTU for 25,000 gal?

pool-20x42
    2hp hayward pump
    300#sand filter
    350,000 btu hayward heater
    chlorine
    mariane
    16 x 28 AG doughboy vinyl pool with deep end, ~11900 gals. media master 150# sand filter using zeosand, 1.4 sq ft filter area, 1 hp, 10 amp doughboy power pak pump. in sunny but fickle detroit michigan.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NEW HEATER

Well, for the BEST I'd say at least 250,000 btu.....with that said...I have a pool that is 25,600 gallons and my heater is the Hayward H200 (200,000 btu) and it heats it just fine.

I don't think you'll find much for $1500, unless you are going used..
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Most people feel that they want the largest heater they can afford (and is available). 400,000 BTU is common, though more than $1500. Of course, another 250,000 BTU heater will work fine, it just won't heat up the water as quickly.

All of the major brands are reasonably good. 250K heaters start right around $1500 (for just the heater).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I narrowed it to a jandy legacy 250 btu $1,520 or hayward universal H 250,000 btu $1,749 I heard the hayward was loud though. Do you think the jandy lxi 250 @ $1,890 is worth the extra money?
    mariane
    16 x 28 AG doughboy vinyl pool with deep end, ~11900 gals. media master 150# sand filter using zeosand, 1.4 sq ft filter area, 1 hp, 10 amp doughboy power pak pump. in sunny but fickle detroit michigan.

5. Back To Top    #5

Loud??? Nothing loud about a heater...you can hear it "kick in" when it fires up..but that's it. It makes no other noise. If your pump is near your heater, you'll only hear your pump.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

6. Back To Top    #6

I didn't get the loud part either, it was just a review I read. So jandy or hayward?
    mariane

7. Back To Top    #7

Sounds like a plan to me. Either one will work well.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a Hayward 400k low nox. Works great. Pretty quiet too.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

If the heater has a blower motor for exhaust, they can be noisy. Rheem makes their heaters with NO blower motor. Great heater.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,