Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: compupool 49

1. Back To Top    #1

compupool 49

my compupool cp 48 display says over current help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: compupool 49

How old is it?
    When was the last time you cleaned it?
    What is the salt level? Have you tested it independently?
    When was the last time you added salt?

Sounds like a high salt level.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay here's the just. Bought this new 1 month ago, had electrician wire it in. Could not read the display, so called Compupool, they said they probably forgot to take the tape off the display. Said to open back and remove tape. That worked.
    1 week later all lights on unit started flashing and no display, called Compupool and they shipped new unit . Unit came in yesterday, electrician came back hooked it up, worked 1 day. Went out today and breaker on unit flipped, reset breaker and unit got hot and smoked called electrician, came over took apart and found burnt wire from touching inside of heat sink. I now have 450 dollars in electricians bill and have to wait till Monday to talk to Compupool!!!!! We'll see what happens.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry to hear about that. Maybe if you talk to them they'll help you with the electricians bill.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

im sure going to ask. i will post the results thank you for you help george

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you know if the electrician hooked it up for 115V or 230V? Sorry to read of your problems. I hope it gets resolved quickly.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

all my equip. is 220 we thought maybe the company screwed up but it was wired vfor 220 it justmelted.

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: compupool 48

okay heres an update . called compupool told them about all the problems and all my cost involed. i asked them if they would give me a free extra sell for all the problems and cost. they are sending me a whole new unit and told me to keep the extra sell. will be here tommorow via 2 day fed ex.hopefully no more problems but compupool hasdone more than most copanys would have done i will keep you posted . thank you compupool!!.

9. Back To Top    #9

That's good to hear. I'm glad Compupool stepped up and made you happy.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator